Tuesday, December 2, 2014

First Visit - Nov 19

Reminder: This website is a demo and does not contain real information about Care is There clients or situations. Please see the About this site... page for more information. 

Hello Demo family! This is Lauren, Lillian's Lifestyle Coordinator with Care is There. Now that our family website is set up, I am adding the report from our first visit, which took place on Wednesday, November 19, 2014.

I arrived at Lillian's apartment at approximately 1:30pm. Lillian did not remember about the appointment, but she did remember me and our meeting two weeks ago with Retta. She let me in. We visited and got reacquainted for about 15 minutes. I learned all kinds of interesting things about the family, and the grandchildren! Sounds like an active bunch, and she's clearly proud of all of the grandkids! Then we got down to work.

We worked in the kitchen and I started collecting her medical and health care provider information. We made a list with her primary care doctor, cardiologist, and pharmacy, including contacting information. Starting with the medication list Retta supplied to Care is There, we double checked the medications with the pill bottles. All was correct and verified!

We moved over to the desk and started going through the stack of papers and mail. We got about half way through the pile and our visit time was about over. I did not find any unusual or overlooked letters and correspondence at this time. We filed old bills, threw away a lot of junk mail, and made a new file for current bills.

We planned to meet again after Thanksgiving, on December 3 (which is tomorrow, as of this writing). We will continue on working through the papers and mail on the desk. Lillian showed me her personal appointment calendar and I wrote our next appointment on the calendar.

It was a good first meeting, and I am looking forward to our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment