Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 8: Visit at home after spring break

Reminder: This website is a demo and does not contain real information about Care is There clients or situations. Please see the About this site... page for more information. 

It was so nice to see Lillian after spring break!  She looked well and happy, and she was excited to tell me about her vacation with Retta's family last week. When I asked about her birthday last Saturday, she said that they had a special dinner and a homemade cake - chocolate cake with white frosting, her favorite!  She said that Chelsea and Megan had baked it for her.

First, I checked her hearing aids, and we cleaned them up and put in new batteries.

There was a pile of mail on the desk; much of it had accumulated from last week. We looked through everything and threw most of it away. There was a renewal notice for Ladies Home Journal, and I asked if she wanted to continue it. She said she didn't read it any more, so we threw the notice away. She also received a co-payment bill for the ER visit charges from back in February. Boy, that seems like a long time ago! We tucked it in another envelope to mail to Retta to pay.

Since there was nothing else that needed to be addressed immediately at the apartment, we took the ER bill down to the front desk and put it in the mailbox. While we were there, we stopped in the little library. Lillian spotted a new Kellerman mystery novel and signed it out. Then we met Alma in the hallway and visited with her for a little while. My hour visit was just about up, so I left Lillian visiting with Alma in the library. Before I left I made sure she had her apartment key with her.

I will see her next week on tax day, April 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment