Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Feb 18: Home visit - missing glasses... found!

Reminder: This website is a demo and does not contain real information about Care is There clients or situations. Please see the About this site... page for more information. 

Today I came by at our scheduled visit time, and Lillian was expecting me, as usual. I immediately noticed Lillian was not wearing her glasses! When I asked, she said she doesn't know where they are. At first, we looked around the apartment in typical places for glasses: kitchen table, bedside table, and on the floor nearby. Not to be found.

I did a quick hearing aid check (changed the batteries), and then we started troubleshooting. She doesn't remember when she last had them exactly, but we worked backwards through her schedule over the last few days.

I called down to the front desk to ask if anyone had found a pair of glasses, and luckily someone had! We went down to the desk, and they were Lillian's. They were found in the changing room near the pool. She probably left them there, or they fell out of her bag, after Water Aerobics this morning. We returned to the apartment, and my visit was just about done.

Good thing she wasn't without them for very long!

Next time will be in a week, as usual, on Feb 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment