Thursday, January 22, 2015

Jan 21: Continue closet clean out

Reminder: This website is a demo and does not contain real information about Care is There clients or situations. Please see the About this site... page for more information. 

Greetings from snowy Virginia, Demo family!

I had a normal visit with Lillian yesterday afternoon. First thing we did was check her hearing aids. I am pleased to report that she has been wearing them consistently each time I visit her. She commented that now they are working better for her so she doesn't mind having them in.

We switched the batteries and gave both hearing aids a good cleaning.

Next we went through Lillian's mail. The desk is looking pretty good - minimal clutter and once we get through the mail the desk is completely organized.

We tackled the rest of the closet today and we managed to finish going through all of her clothes.  We put anything in need of a good washing in the hamper, and took a bag of worn out clothes and shoes to the dumpster. On our way back from the dumpster, we asked the front desk if they had a way to donate old clothes. They were willing to take them because they usually take a load of items to Good Will every 4-6 weeks. If we give the pile to them, we won't get a tax receipt, though.

I thought I'd ask Retta if a tax receipt is needed, since she does the taxes. Can you let me know? We bagged up the items and put a label on the bag. If you want the receipt, I'll take it to Good Will on my way home after next week's visit, and I'll pick up a receipt for you. Otherwise, we'll just turn it in to the front desk.

Our next visit is next Wednesday 1/28.

No comments:

Post a Comment